Yesterday a couple of us picked up materials and effected repairs to the trap on Corner Brook Stream. It was scheduled to be replaced this year and last year however on inspection we decided replacing the whole trap wasn’t necessary. What we did do was put a new surface on it as some of the decking was rotting in sections. Next spring the whole thing will have to be removed and replaced, if the count continues. The trap door was re-built and installed in spring of 2017.
Up to this morning, zero salmon through – Not surprising, given we rarely see the first fish until late June anyway….So, any day now (fingers crossed).